[gnugo-devel] Search algorithm

From: Daniel Jacober
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Search algorithm
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:36:57 +0200

Hi all

I'm a student of computer sience in Switzerland.
For my AI classes I'm writing a document about GO.
Therefore I also analysed your documentation and source code.
I was particularly looking for the kind of algorithms you're using.

One thing I couldn't find out is wether you also use Alpha-Beta Prunning to reduce the size of the search tree.
Could you also tell me why you're (or why you're not) using Alpha-Beta Prunning.

I would be quite grateful if you could answer me this question.

Thank you in advance
Regards

Daniel Jacober
Student of Computer Science at FFH Brig, Switzerland