Re: [gnugo-devel] Code removal (#25) (reorientation code)

From: Teun Burgers
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Code removal (#25) (reorientation code)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:41:32 +0200

Arend wrote:

rotation code

The cost of this code is small, but I think its benefit is almost
non-existant.

As contributor of this code I vote to keep it :)

It is still functional and not too difficult to use:

e.g. for any test suite:
 make reading GG_OPTIONS="--orientation 1"

or using a predefined target:
 make owl_rotall

The reading tests are currently all invariant under reorientation,
so that is good to know. Past invariances have led to uncovery of bugs
in the reading code. Since the cost and maintenance is little I suggest to keep it.

Teun