Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu Challenge 2006

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu Challenge 2006
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:23:27 +0200

I wrote:
> GNU Go is participating in the Gifu Challenge this weekend, see
> http://computer-go.softopia.or.jp/gifu2006/English/07.html for a list of
> the opponents. GNU Go is run by a deputy operator provided by the
> organizers

If you didn't notice already GNU Go placed second in the tournament,
losing to undefeated KCC Igo and to Indigo. Due to better luck with the
opponent results, GNU Go barely came out ahead of Indigo, which also had
two losses. See
http://computer-go.softopia.or.jp/gifu2006/English/08.html for full
results. I have been promised sgf game records but those are still to
appear.

/Gunnar