[gnugo-devel] Strange choice of move

From: r_rt . bug
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Strange choice of move
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:09:41 +0100

Hi,

First, thank you for making gnugo.
I take great pleasure to play with gnugo for plays on 9x9
since it often proposes me hard problems and I'm not an experienced player.

It sometimes seems to make strange choices and i was asking myself if it wasn't
a bug.

I've notice it can choose to expand (move 40), and then abandon its new
territory (move 50).
I send you a sgf file which illustrates the fact.
Well, I guess it should have play 40 in J5 instead if its right isn't secure.
I suppose you'll see what i mean.

Regis