[gnugo-devel] GnuGo strategy

From: Liquidman
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo strategy
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:55:27 +1100

A while ago I was playing gnugo and I found one of it's weaknesses. I
don't know if you already know about it so I thought I'd tell you. I'm
only about a 20-17k player, yet I managed to find a way to beat it at
least 50% of the time. If I played for one side, then play a hugely
center based game, it will result in gnugo trying to build a single
group in the center and give it life. I've learned to stop it from
giving it that life, and I end up with huge territory + about 20-30
points from capturing it's center group(s). So, I hope this helps.