Re: [gnugo-devel] strength levels

From: Darren Cook
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] strength levels
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:13:22 +0900

> If you want to improve, play against humans on internet (kgs, igs ...) but
> NOT against any bot, including gnugo.

I personally think I'd phrase that as: play against a range of
opponents. If a computer player is beating you then I see no reason it
cannot be one of those opponents, and I think you will still gain some
strength from analyzing your games against it. And computers make
wonderful opponents in some ways: they are infinitely patient, don't get
stroppy when you take moves back to try a different line, etc.

Darren