RE: [gnugo-devel] How to change the influence function?

From: Teo Swee Ann
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] How to change the influence function?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:38:05 +0800

I would like to add that, winning is not transitive: If A>B>C, it doesn't
always mean that A>C, sometimes; at least in Go, where ">" means wins.

Perhaps what we need is to show that A > (all X, where X <= B), then we can
conclude that A is "transitively stronger" than B, with reference to a
specific set of X's.

Perhaps if we define this set of reference opponents, we can then
incrementally improve the strength of the Go programs, slowly but
definitely.

Swee-Ann