Re: [gnugo-devel] Prize for competition at US Go Congress tournament

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Prize for competition at US Go Congress tournament
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:21:35 -0700

> GNU Go won the computer-computer tournament at the 2008 US Go
> Congress. The GNU Go project has won a certificate, a medal, and $400.
>
> Where should we send this stuff, and to whom should we make out the
> check?

I think that we were represented by David Doshay, is that correct?
I was unable to attend the tournament but I see a statement at
http://svcs.cs.pdx.edu/cgo2008/ to the effect that SlugGo was
unable to attend and that GNU Go entered instead. I'm
inferring that David Doshay was the operator.

In the past, monies were either contributed to the FSF or
put into a bank account to pay future registration fees
but the certificate was kept by the operator. As I recall
this bank account was in Europe. Does it still exist?

Regarding the medal and certificate, I would propose to send
them to Gunnar Farneback, who has done much to make GNU Go
what it is.

We need to discuss this, so this email is not a definitive
reply. I'm thus not cc:ing Peter Drake, who may nevertheless be
reading this. If so, Peter, hold off sending until the matter
is discussed.

Daniel Bump