[gnugo-devel] my best ever game? GnuGo 3.7.12-1 not perfect?

From: Alan Hutchinson
Subject: [gnugo-devel] my best ever game? GnuGo 3.7.12-1 not perfect?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 23:46:33 +0000

Dear Sirs
Thank you very much for GNU Go.  I play it quite often (currently version 3.7.12-1, the latest available for Debian Linux) and it usually wins.  This evening I had one of my best ever games against it, attached.  No doubt largely through vanity, I thought perhaps you might be interested in it.  In particular, GNU Go did not put a stop to the invasion beginning at move 167.  Move 172 looks like a mistake, and move 192 should have been at C9.   It seemed not to estimate the state of play accurately.  Perhaps this sequence of moves might suggest how to make it even better.
Best wishes
Alan Hutchinson.