[gnugo-devel] gnugo misses a seki after dame filling.

From: Tommi Tuura
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gnugo misses a seki after dame filling.
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:58:30 +0200 (EET)

Hello,

I recently played a game against gnugo 3.8 in which it failed to notice
a possibility for forcing a seki after I filled a dame point. Admittedly, I did do two undos as black, at moves 151 and 221 (which was the seki situation itself).

I think gnugo kinda should have noticed the seki after black's move 217 which removes 3rd last liberty of 10-stone group while a 5-stone group nearby has a dangerous aji cutting point and there is a "dead" wall of three black stones between them. Seki is unavoidable after move 219, as far as I can tell.

I have added an sgf file as attachment. The game was played
on default level 10.

best regards,
--
Tommi Tuura