How to advertize it?

From: Davi Leal
Subject: How to advertize it?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:45:42 +0100

Hi all,

The problem is, how to advertise it effectively. Random opinions across some
board won't help much, very few people read them. An organised campaign may
be needed.

I propose execute the announcement process first soft, and finally hard if it
is needed.  The process will take from one to two months. We must follow
talking with RMS to host the service at the FSF. It is a pity he is so busy.

Getting actual job offers could be cool, but I think we will unable to get it
up to there is a lot of subscribers or the project is already at the FSF.

Do you think we must set on hold the announcement process up to we move the
service to the FSF hosts?.

Announcement report
-------------------

  * LWN.net has not posted our email.
  * slashdot.org owned by the Open Source Technology Group, part
    of VA Software has ignored us.
  * barrapunto.com has ignored us.
  * Some others has rejected us too.

  We have got some attention from the below sites, but the post are
  lost quickly due to the new postings.

   http://meneame.net   is working really well.
   http://www.kuro5hin.org
   http://reddit.com
   http://www.orkut.com
   http://digg.com
   http://www.kuro5hin.org
   http://www.populicias.com

I think we could post to some Italian website too, but we could wait up to the
translation be finished.

About advertising, RMS and the fact of moving to the FSF could actually be
key. Maybe, what we should to first is move to the FSF and later work to be
known by the free software contributors?.

If you agree about going on with the announcement process, could you send the
announcement to the  comp.os.linux.announce news group?. I was unable.
Antenore?, Charles?, David?, Victor?.

Note we do not must disturb sending to inappropriate groups or medias, at
least yet.

P.S.: Statistics: http://www.gnuherds.org/cb/awstats.pl

Flames are welcome and needed,
Davi

From: GNU Herds work team <address@hidden>
Subject: [Announcement]: GNU Herds - Free Software Association

   http://www.gnuherds.org/

GNU Herds is a not-for-profit and true-democratic association which aims to
encourage the professional development of Free Software contributors.

Job Site modules have been developed to take in contact professionals and
companies interested in doing business.

The management of the Job Site is controlled by its own users using the
democratic policy.

Other modules can be developed under the association management.

Regards,
The work team