Re: [gnu.org #333440] webapp: ( "Affero GPL v1" --> "GPL v3" ) + "MIT Li

From: GNU Herds work team
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #333440] webapp: ( "Affero GPL v1" --> "GPL v3" ) + "MIT License"
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:00:44 +0200

Karl Berry via RT wrote:
> Hi Davi
>
> I must make an addition to my previous statement -- it's true that
> MIT'ed code is compatible, there's no problem there.
>
> However, a colleague has informed me that GPLv3 is *not* going to be
> compatible with Affero GPL v1.  (That was the original plan, but it
> turned out not to be viable, unfortunately.)  Instead, it will
> compatible with AGPLv2.  So, we're encouraging everyone using AGPL to
> upgrade to AGPLv2.  We hope you will, too.
>
> Best,
> Karl

Upgrading to AGPLv2 is simple. Anyway I comment you that RMS talked recently:

  "When we advised Affero on releasing this licence, we
   had the intention of making a future GPL version
   compatible with it and this is how we're going to
   achieve it."

Reference:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/brussels-rms-transcript.en.html#added
 from: http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/brussels-rms-transcript.en.html

Let us know anything,

P.S.: I send the email From gnuherds-app-dev AT nongnu.org as a way to be sure
that the reply go to the email list.