Re: micro donations & payments -- standardized systems

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: micro donations & payments -- standardized systems
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:33:51 +0100

> John Sennesael wrote:
> >     http://www.donationcoder.com/Articles/One/index.html

> At section 6.1 "The future of micropayments/microdonations ..." it reads:
>
>  "we're likely to see a standardized micropayment system where any
>   user can buy anything on any web page, from any computer terminal,
>   with a simple click or thumbprint swipe. When that happens, it
>   should make micropayments considerably easier for individuals to
>   make a living off of, rather than depending on the filters of large
>   corporations, news organizations, software companies, music labels, etc."
>
> Could GNU Herds use the same micropayment system?

As I do not know the details of such "standardized micro-payment system" I
will start to analyze, slowly, how it could be developed.

I will ask to a friend who works at a national bank. I hope he will have some
useful information ...

Please, expose any comment, idea, ...

Maybe in nine months we could have such feature at production.