Re: web 2.0

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: web 2.0
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:09:19 +0200

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> > Web 2.0 is in few words "Internet as a Platform" ,
> > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2286997,00.asp

> > We should really think which technologies we should implement,
> > how and why.

> OpenID

> DOAC, Description Of a Career:
>
> So it use an rdf file to describe a career, it would be possible also
> to use this in conjunction with FOAF (Friend Of A Friend) to create a
> Europass file. The idea could be to implement an export functionality
> on GNU Herds to have DOAC and FOAF files for each profiles.

Proposed roadmap:

  1. Follow adding improvements.

  2. Finish the development of the volunteers and pledges feature.

  3. Analyze if we must improve the career description according to
     DOAC, etc.  Of course keeping it always flexible.

  4. Analyze if we must use "microformats" or the above DOAC+FOAF formats
     to support the resume import/export.
     It was task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6842
     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-04/msg00068.html

  5. Analyze the OpenID idea.
     It was task: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6782

  6. ...

Several tasks could be developed in parallel according to the developers
availables.