donation pledges: Tasks assignment and payments negotiation

From: Davi Leal
Subject: donation pledges: Tasks assignment and payments negotiation
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:37:18 +0100

John Sennesael wrote:
> What happens if multiple people commit themselves to the same task?
>
> Do they collaborate and split the donation(s), or is there another
> system in place for this?

When the first worker subscribe to a pledge, the webapp shows the below
message:

    "The first team or individual who finish all the tasks gets the money."

 I propose replace it with the below one, deleting "the first who finish",
 to try to avoid some developer losing money with her/his work done:

    "The payments are negotiated by donators and workers."

    "GNU Herds show all emails so that all you can self organize and
     negotiate."

When the second and next workers subscribe to the pledge, the webapp shows
instead the below message:

    "You should take note of all the above emails to contact them all and
     join a work team. Anyway you can choose just do it yourself.

    "The first team or individual who finish all the tasks gets the money."

 I propose replace it with the below one, deleting "the first who finish",
 to try to avoid some developer losing money with her/his work done:

    "The payments are negotiated by donators and workers."

    "You should take note of all the above emails to contact them all and
     join a work team, getting a subtask assigned. Anyway you can choose
     just do all it yourself.

    "GNU Herds show all emails so that all you can self organize and
     negotiate."

What do you think about replacing such messages?
Is there any wording mistake?

That is to say, workers can choose collaborate and share or just compete. Both
donators and workers will have to negotiate.  There is a link to the Payment
FAQ [1].

  [1] http://gnuherds.org/faq#Payments

IMHO we should extend such FAQ answer or add a new one exposing the above
messages so users can know about it even before trying to subscribe as
workers.

Let this mailing list know if it is not coherent, if something must be added,
modified, etc.