Re: GNU Herds: Attend pending to classify skills

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: GNU Herds: Attend pending to classify skills
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:42:44 +0100

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> More over I just became father

Congratulations!  Welcome to the club :)

> and I'm committed on several activities in my job, as I still didn't find
> a feasable way to dilatate the time I cannot work so much with you.

No problem.  We contribute as time allow us.

> I always keep an eye on GNU Herds, but not too much time to work on it.
>
> If you don't mind I'd like to continue to be part of it, but if you need
> someone more committed on GNU Herds I will understand.

You are a consolidated team member, with contributions as Localization
architecture Adviser, Auditor, initial and current Italian Translator, etc.

Besides, as you know, both you and me are the current Skills administrators. I
just noted that in the next months I can take care of classifying new skills
if they arrive.

Now the webapp send the "Attend pending to classify skills" email to all Skill
administrators. So we have two guys (you and me) trying to do the same
classifying work.  One of them will lose his time, and time is not free. You
know.

Therefore, I will add a patch so that the above email be sent only to one
Skill administrator, and if he do not classify it in 48 hours then the email
be sent to another Skill administrator and so on.  So we avoid having two
guys trying to do the same work at the same time. We coordinate better.

IMHO the project must follow improving slowly. The project is not in a hurry.