Re: [Gnumed-devel] inter-module communication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] inter-module communication
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 16:59:43 +0200

>> Example code on how to use the dispatcher has just
>> appeared in the CVS (should live in test_area, IMHO, though).

> I opened the "code_examples" area on CVS on purpose for code that is not
> intended to be functional within gnumed, but useful for other developers in
> order to understand how things are done.
Sure. I was just wondering if it wouldn't make more sense at
the level of client, test_area, etc. OTOH it is closely
related to the Python client and thus should belong into
client/ (as it is now). OTOH it isn't code that should live
in the "production area" below client/ - similar to test_area.
I also do understand that it does not fit well into test_area/
either. IMHO it should sit in gnumed/ parallel to test_area/
and client/  But in the end it boils down to a matter of
taste.

Maybe this is the point where Andreas as our resident packaging
guru (Debian at least) might chip in ?

And for that matter - as I met Andreas (Debian-Med leader)
recently - I'd like to say that he is a very amiable fellow and
we are well advised to keep his talents happy for our cause :-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346