Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem running gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem running gnumed
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:17:15 +0200

> What do I do if this didn't throw an exception?  I've allready reinstalled
> the
> GNU getetxt package.  Should I reinstall Python?
Hm. Reinstalling the GNU gettext package shouldn't make any
difference as it is not used in Python directly for translating
strings.

The best bet I have is that your installed version of Python
is skewed. It may be worth a try to uninstall all Python and
reinstall a clean 2.2 version. The situation is that when you
run Python interactively the module gettext knows the
install() function but when you import that same (should be
the same, anyways) module from within gmI18N.py it says it
does _not_ have this function. There is something very odd
there and I don't have any good way of knowing how to fix it
from here. Perhaps a local Linux/Python guru is in order on
this one.

Try this for one last thing:

- go to gnumed/client/python-common/
- start python interactively from there
- type "import gmI18N"
- note what it says (should only be one line to the effect of
  ".log is the log file"
- have a look at "~/.log"

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346