Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDrugs.sql

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDrugs.sql
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:54:36 +1000

A few remarks regarding the new gmDrugs.sql:

- all references to patient related details (like prescription details) have
been removed. gmDrugs is a standalone pharmaceutical *reference* database.

- all "country specific" details have (hopefully) been removed. The interface
to administrative details (like drug subsidies, health systems, coding
systems) is now a lot more flexible and "generalized".

- in theory, it should now be possible having the drug references of multiple
countries in the same database, due to the "available" reference table,
keeping track of which information applies to which country/area/health
system. I am sure that practice will force us to modify yet a few more
details, but is is a start into the right direction I think.

To check it, please try to map your own country/health system specific
pharmaceutical reference database to our design and let us know what is still
missing or interfering with integration.

Horst