Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements (was: New developer searching for a task

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements (was: New developer searching for a task)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 22:53:51 +0100

> To me it seems that we shouldn't mix up anamnestic information supplied by
> the patient with measurements/assesments made by medical personnel.
True, especially if that information is going to be the basis
of electronic medical decision suggestions.

*But* we can just change
 clinical_transaction.id_doctor
into
 clinical_transaction.id_provider (DONE)

and we will void ourselves of the problem :-) From there on it
is just a matter of filtering whose measurements we'll be
pulling up for decision making.

> Usually you can just guess the quality of the information supplied by
> patients (exception being experienced/trained patients measuring a small
> set of parameters quite frequently). IMHO the usual "fealt ill, measured
> *38.7 °C* at home" should reside within the narrative text.
One can _still_ do that despite of the above suggestion.

> If
> measurements are really to be extracted to a clinical transaction they
> should have some information on the expected quality of this measurement
> attached.
98% of the reality in a GP practice will be
 a) medical staff
or
 b) non-staffer (patient, relative)
so actually there's mostly only going to be two rough levels
of quality. Those can readily be identified via id_provider,
methinks.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346