Re: [Gnumed-devel] recording allergy details

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] recording allergy details
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 04:47:52 -0400

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 07:41:21AM +1000, richard terry wrote:
> Karsten,
> section and doing the data entry, defining what we need there, saving it back
> to the database and recalling it. However once again NO DRUG DATABASE means
> the whole thing falls over.
>
> Remember that much of the internals of allergy handling is done by the
> program
> tansparently to the user. Most of the time we will be using a class code
> clinked to the drug database, occasional linking to  drug/disease database,
> and occasionally in vaccination section eg egg allergy.

The current  drugref.org database has a list of all PBS drugs, names and
ATC codes, enough for linking in to other databases. I got the data from
some HIC technician, I told him what I was using it for, they didn't
seen to mind at all. (See, HIC *are* useful for something after all ;-)

I also plan to write an Python module to make it easy to query the
database (this could also form a XML-RPC service)

Ian