Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 08:59:48 +1000

On Fri, 2 May 2003 10:05:51 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The drugref.org database is running on Postgres, Ian has closely
> > modelled it to the pre-existing gnumed drug database. You can apporach
> > him for user name and password and you can use it right away.
> Excellent ! What URL do I need to put in the XML-RPC client
> code to access the database ?

No XML-RPC server is implemented yet (shouldn't be too hard, the basis already
exists in
the PHP code) nor is there any useful data to access. Soon (this weekend) I
will release
a SQL dump of a database built on HIC data, this will theoretically allow
prescribing of
any PBS/RPBS drug with the drugref.org database, once we write the prescribing
code.
(Only useful in Australia, of course) I also have a file of Authority warnings
for incorporation.
(Before you ask, yes, I do have HIC permission for this)

However there is no actual pharmacological information (interactions,
indications, etc.) in the
database. Any voluteers? ;-)

Ian