[Gnumed-devel] Re: [GPCG] Gnumed/ ?OSCAR workshop

From: Dr. David H Chan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [GPCG] Gnumed/ ?OSCAR workshop
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:47:47 -0700

I still remember fondly my first trip to Australia - the 1987 RACGP Computer Conference in Melbourne when Professor Neil Carson was organizing it. I demonstrated what was probably my first Open Source project (The Computerized Medical Record or CMR). That was before the term Open Source was even created! I would love to come back for an OSCAR workshop. I will have to bring along one of our programmers to help with the really technical aspect of OSCAR. My estimate for the trip for two of us for a week will cost around $5,000.

However, the intention of the current OSCAR workshop is that if you bring the equivalent two person delegate (maybe one clinician and one programmer), you should learn enough to run your own OSCAR workshop in Australia from now on! An Open Source project really isn't an Open Source project until there is significant collaboration among OSCAR developers. I would love to see an OSCAR_Oz chapter in not too distant future!

Let me know how we can help you. Best wishes,

David

David H Chan, MD, CCFP, MSc, FCFP
Associate Professor
Department of Family Medicine