Re: [Gnumed-devel] apologies

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] apologies
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:06:35 +0200

> sorry for putting in the public directory. Keep forgetting other
> people might be looking and get a bad impression.
Moved it already :-)

> 1. generated code that works is usually quite clean.
I like generated code. I sometimes don't like what's generated
and how but that's my personal taste.

> 2. easier to change things by changing the generation file.
That's why I like it.

> 3.can adapt what's already been done, by rethinking how to
> make the widgets configurable.
That may actually lead to better gmEditArea()s by thinking
about their inherent genericity.

> On the other hand, someone can just proceed with the manual coding
> of the widgets. Does anyone mind, if I start doing it? (Not
> with handlers this time).
I'd be delighted if you so do. Please keep us posted on
your progress "often and early". Thank you !

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346