Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed architecture

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed architecture
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:58:07 +0200

> Once we separate our services cleanly into truly independent
> services, and bolt any kind of reliable RPC interface onto the backend, we
> can pack all business logic needed onto the backend in a way that the
> interface implementation becomes simple and straightforward again. You user
> interface presents the data x-y-z style?  - The services delivers the data
> x-y-z style, voila.
The flaw in thinking here is that the frontend is not just for
data representation but also for collecting data. This is not
as easy to achieve with simplistic x-y-z interfaces.

> We could stop bickering which way to present data
> on the user interface is best
I didn't notice we do ?

> I do believe increasingly that
> demographics and geographic information should not be separated after all
They aren't, currently. The service is "demographics". It
doesn't mean a thing that they sit in different files in
server/sql/.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346