Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:24:03 +0200

> The sql script says the clin_episode_id field must be not null in
> clin_root_item, which forces someone to decide which episode a root_item
> is supposed to attach to at the time of entry. If the episode doesn't
> yet exist, then you really need a episode and health issue browse and
> entry ui  along side the normal UI  , else it is hard to make any
> entries, due to the not null or referential integrity constraints.
> If the system automatically generates or finds the episode and issue (
> when possible, as in an episode of a Drug allergy ) , you can always
> allow it to change the association later .

You are perfectly right. However, in that case entered data is
attached to the __default__ episode/health issue. *That* one
_can_ get inserted automatically (sorry, I was imprecise on
that part). I am currently checking in preliminary code based
on that assumption.

Agreed, this may lead to many many data just being
attached to __default__ but that's exactly how many of our
paper records work, too.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346