[Gnumed-devel] Re: Changes in "pg_hba.conf" between postgresql versions

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Changes in "pg_hba.conf" between postgresql versions 7.3.2 & 7.2.2
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:47:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> and, of course:
>  host   gnumed-test  @gmGnumedUser.list                       md5
> if we intend to have users access this server from other
> boxen. Also note, that only the Debian installation uses the
> database name "gnumed-test". The public db is usually named
> "gnumed-public" while other bootstrap*s create "gnumed". This
> can, of course, be set in the *.conf file for bootstrap*.
I've uploaded new GnuMed Dabien packages to

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

The file

http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/debian/pg_config/pg_hba.conf.GnuMed

can be *pre*pended to /etc/postgres/pg_hba.conf automatically at install time.
(*Pre*pending is important because everything after
       host    all         all         0.0.0.0           255.255.255.255
reject
 is ignored.)

Feel free to take this file into your documentation or whereever it might be
useful.

Kind regards

        Andreas.