Re: [Gnumed-devel] rpc-server

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] rpc-server
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:20:18 +1000

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:40, s j tan wrote:
> Works for atc code finding well.
> Does this mean sql will be dead for the gui client ??!!

NO! xml-rpc is nice since it requires no additional libraries, and it can
offer connectivity for platforms where libpq does not compile (are there
such?)
However, authentication is tricky and performance is mediocre, so for 99% of
our clients we will directly access postgres via libq based interfaces
(pyPgSQl in the case of Python)

> Drug names would be easier to use then atc codes for interaction finding
> ( ? but M x N interactions for M codes matching name1, etc..)

I am working on another function that will allow submitting names to the
interaction search engine.

Horst