Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:17:44 +0100

> Hence the original modular design with plug-ins.
>
> This was stuffed up with multiple different layout managers
Wrong. There are two. And one of them isn't even really
user-accessible. Both of them make sense (semantically) but
could use quite some technical cleanup. The main plugin
mechanism is in fairly good shape. I have no problem with
someone removing the other one.

> and hard-coded interaction between GUI modules
Where would that be ? Interaction between modules happens via
GuiBroker and gmDispatcher only (except for rough corners that
haven't been cleaned yet). Both of them are exactly what you
suggested.

> instead of sticking to the original simple architecture,
I should really like to read up on that again. I may have
veered off the path. I'd really like to get back to the "simple"
aspect of things.

> I have quietly started writing my own GUI to fit my own needs, and I will be
Just out of curiosity: Is it at all based on the current
client framework in any way or completely standalone ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346