Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap and what a 0.1 release will "look like"

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap and what a 0.1 release will "look like"
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:36:25 +0100

I just read the subject line again more carefully.

GnuMed is the name of the entire project which incorporates a
backend structure based on PostreSQL and several different
clients interacting with that backend. We currently have the
following clients:

the wxPython client
 - our main GUI for daily work
 - in progress

the LDT importer
 - a standalone auto-importer for German lab data
 - in development

the docs importer
 - a standalone auto-importer for docs (scans)
 - in production

document archive browser
 - standalone selector/viewer for archived docs
 - in production

ASCII patient exporter
 - standalone exporter for the EMR
 - courtesy of Carlos Moro :)

When I talk about the GnuMed 0.1 release I take this to
primarily refer to the state of the wxPython client. It goes
without saying that the supporting backend structure must be
in place. Now, some of the roadmap items won't be meaningful
without clients not integrated with the main GUI. Those need
to be finished to the extent necessary to make the roadmap
item useful. Eg., if a 0.2 roadmap said "support LDT and PIT
path results" this of course means, that we not only *display*
path results from within the main GUI and don't worry about
how they got into the backend into the first place. We'd also
need to make sure appropriate infrastructure is in place where
external path result transfer software can drop its load (pun
ACK'ed) to be picked up by the standalone importer (via cron).

Does that make sense re what GnuMed 0.1 is intended to look
like ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346