Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS X package install

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS X package install
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:29:56 +0200

On Friday 04 June 2004 20:14, Dominique Buenzli wrote:
> Hi !
> I manage to create a more easy install for Mac OS X even if it is not
> perfect yet.
>
> You can have an idea how it looks by downloading "gmmacinstpdfs" here:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/dobunzli/gnumed/FileSharing23.html
>
> This file "gmmacinstpdfs" contains two pdfs
>
> -  GMmacinstall.rtfd.pdf
> This is the main document. The user just follow these steps and clicks
> on the different icons directly on this document.
> This document (rtfd (rich text format folder)) is a folder which
> contains all necessary packages and scripts.
>
> - installprocess.pdf
> This shows you the visual installer when the user clicks on the
> gnumed.mpkg installer.
>
> For those who have Mac OS X, please download the real thing called
> "gmmacprer1.0.rtfd" (18.9 Mo), use and send me feedback !!
> http://homepage.mac.com/dobunzli/gnumed/FileSharing23.html
> Thanks
Looks nice. Is this some functionality that comes with stock MacOS or did you
have to tweak it hard and use third party apps? Just wondering because I once
tried to package for Windows but never finished. No Windows user has ever
come forward and packaged Gnumed for Windows. Not that there is an immediate
need but I once thought this would be some nice way for people to be able to
contribute without having to know python.

Boh was I wrong obviously :-)

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany

Unterstützen Sie die Entwicklung von freier Software durch Ihren
        Internet - Einkauf unter der Adresse:
http://profiseller.de/shop1/index.php3?ps_id=P1658133