[Gnumed-devel] gnuMed - help with config Items

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gnuMed - help with config Items
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:48:28 +1000

Hi,

Karsten said  you were the main config person so if I've got that correct a
couple of questions.

I've decided to learn a bit of python finally, rather than just doing the
simple gui stuff, so as a starting project I thought I'd do something really
simple related to the gui -

1)  read the column width of the patient list in gmDemographics and saving
this bag to a config file/database on a per-user basis.

2) read the user-adjusted size of the main gnuMed window, and save this back
somewhere so the window can automatically be same size next boot up.

I don't want help with the python code per se at the moment as I'm going to
try and learn that, but I'd like to know how/where to save the data back to.

So say I have all the column sizes for the patients list, where do I put them
and in what form?

Thanks for some help

Richard