Re: [Gnumed-devel] That killed it stone dead

From: sjtan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] That killed it stone dead
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:59:09 +1000

Python does not evaluate the right side of an "or"
if the left is true (similarly it does not evaluate the right of "and"
if the left is false)

neither does C or java with the && and || operators (short-circuit operators) , but apparently & and | are fully-evaluated operators, but are rarely needed in conditional execution ( got this from a textbook). BTW - has Richard got access to the html documentation for python ? I found the tutorial there really helpful.
 Also browsing other peoples python code helps
( I learnt stuff from looking at Ian's short-cut code, and I saw an alternative to using the filter() list utility function when I looked at bittorrent code ( but I don't pretend to understand any of it) .
The pycommon code is also a good source for learning.