Re: [Gnumed-devel] notes editor

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] notes editor
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:59:20 -0400

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 11:30:14AM +0200, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> On Saturday 28 August 2004 09:57, Ian Haywood wrote:
> finished. Do we store the tex file in the database ? Or just the content of
> the input widget? Plus maybe directions on how to render it ( in case we need
> to reproduce this document later) ? Most likely we won't edit the content of
> a document later but rather derive a new one from it (do we keep revisions
> somewhere ?)
We keep field values and a link to the template version (templates are
never deleted, only superseded) This allows us to regenerate TeX code
exactly (which in turn guarantees pixel-for-pixel the exact same
appearance on any platform), plus we can combine the stored field values with
a different template, if we later discover the wrong form has been used.

> > margin. The C++ base does support margin labels but, frustratingly, this
> > isn't available in the Python wrapper.
> Do you think it can be added ? If so do you think this would be a better
> solution than writing you own from scratch ? If yes I would try to find out
> excactly what is involved and talk to the maintainer of wxpython. Is this the
> way to go ?
Probably, I will ask the maintainer.

If that fails, it may be easier to hack the wxScintilla source ourselves, the
problem is
this means shipping our own version with gnumed if the changes are rejected
upstream.

Ian