Re: [Gnumed-devel] Questions re database schema:street:address:urb:count

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Questions re database schema:street:address:urb:country
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:51:43 -0700

At 11:53 AM +0200 8/31/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > id_street is indeed a foreign key and there should be a "references
 > street(id)" after the definition of the id_street column.
There is. Deficient viewers are in use here.

Maybe it is not a deficient "viewer" (software vs person ??  >:-)   ))
- maybe a problem of expectation / familiarity with how the schema db output is formatted?

In my browser, the visual clue to id_street being a foreign key is not given by any columns "to the right".

Rather, the *left*-most column in the table is "F-Key" containing, on the same line as (but to the *left*) of id_street, the hyperlinked entity "street.id".

As far as I can tell, THAT is how one identifies whether a field
"is" (or more correctly... ???)
"has its permitted values constrained by"
... a specified foreign key.