Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: url referencing PIT path results standard

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: url referencing PIT path results standard
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:51:16 +1100

J Busser wrote:
I had understood (maybe incorrectly) that German lab data as worked on by Karsten and Sebastian (in preparation to handle their parents' needs) was formatted or coded using a system called "PIT". However googling gave me nothing about "PIT" in regard to lab or path data. Can anyone help me out?
The German standard is called LDT.
PIT is in Australia.
PIT (unlike LDT) isn't really a proper standard, in that you can't break
results down to
individual values, you get the report is a single lump of free text, there is
no convention on formatting
so the results have to be stored differently.
There is a PIT parser in gnumed/gnumed/hherb/test-area/gmPITParser.py
To get it working, we need:
        - a name-matching algorithm (Horst, can you contribute yours?)
        - a new, fairly simple [just a listbox and a wxHTML widget] reports GUI
(Sebastians', although very good, is built around the reasonable assumption
that path. results are parseable down to the numeric elements)

Ian