Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1 (was Time for a major r

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1 (was Time for a major re-think in 2005)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:45:42 +0100

> > - Might it help to solicit third-party assessments of gnumed's potential?
> Likely, most assessors won't understand the issues at hand in
> the first place. Their one major point is likely to be
> "timeframe of deployability" - which is important but off the
> mark.
Still, yes.

> > Right now, it is EASY for people to LOOK at OSCAR. That is
> > not possible with gnumed.
> Well. People don't have a clue of what they are looking at. If
> you really want a latest-technology SUV you cannot go check out
> the second-hand cars at your local dumpster. But you may
> decide that all you really need is a second hand standard.
I guess what I was going to say is: What do you want to look
at ? Yes, it is easy to look at OSCAR's web frontend which is
a user visible part of the OSCAR project. To look at "GnuMed's
web frontend" is almost as easy. To look at the "better"
GnuMed frontend isn't as easy. Both times you are looking at
the hopefully solidly foundationed GnuMed backend - which no
one will notice either way.

So, what do we intend to showcase ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346