Re: [Gnumed-devel] Happydoc replacing epydoc?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Happydoc replacing epydoc?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:58:31 +0100

> In order to solve the problem with Epydoc:
> http://carlos/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/APIDocumentation
>
> can we switch to Happydoc instead? http://happydoc.sourceforge.net/
We can. And in fact it is the only viable alternative. If you
work out how to do the switch (eg. test it, show some
generated pages, give me the lines to put into a shell script,
find out how to safely install it onto Carlos' server) I am
with you. I would then suggest offering both types of docs.

> According to the above, our problem with importing wx will be removed.
Yes.

> Sounds like a smarter way to make the docs!
The tradeoffs are both ways. Technically it feels cleaner to
let Python do the parsing (eg. import the module that is to be
documented) and work from instrospection and only fall back to
direct parsing when a) there is no other way to get at the
information (eg. in-source comments) or the import fails (such
as for wx).

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346