[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gui-Demo Files

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gui-Demo Files
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:48:44 +1100

Liz, I'm going to post this to the list to get extra help, but note my
comments below:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:45 pm, you wrote:
> > Anway, send me the errors.
>
> address@hidden tar -zxvf guidemo26feb05.tar.gz
>
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1
(I think this usually means there is something wrong with the file, however
I'm assuming it untarrred properly. I untarred the file to
my /gnumed/gnumed/test-area/ and it unpacked correctly and ran with
the ./rundemo.

> address@hidden ./rundemo
> log file is [/home/liz/.gui-demo/gui-demo.log]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gui-demo.py", line 24, in ?
>     import SOAPTextCtrlwx25
>   File "/mnt/hdb3/downloads/gnumed/gui_demo/SOAPTextCtrlwx25.py", line 33,
> in ?
>     from Gnumed.pycommon import gmLog, gmI18N
> ImportError: No module named Gnumed.pycommon
> Liz
2): This proobably means you don't have gnuMed installed properly on your
machine, as it cannot find the /usr/lib/python2.x/site-packages/ link to the
gnuMed cvs tree

This is how my gnuMed is linked to my python site-packages:

address@hidden:/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages$ ls -al Gnumed
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           35 Jul 27  2004 Gnumed
-> /home/richard/gnumed/gnumed/client/

Hope this helps. I suspect that this is all it is and that it is because you
have it remotely mounted without the links.

richard