Re: [Gnumed-devel] progress note popups

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] progress note popups
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:18:29 +0800

On Sun Apr 24 22:18 , Karsten Hilbert  sent:

>On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:32:37PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> I can think of additional design choices that would need to be ironed
>> out, for example
>> - whether this popup would serve only for drugs that are to be
>> "prescribed" (for which a new supply will have to be dispensed)

if consultation events had subtypes,
then change current medication , and issue script, should
be  separate consultation events, which could be record in the EMR.

maybe call it clinical action as a synonym for consultation event.
(this is borrowed from very old stuff from a book, albeit originating
in the US, which might make it unpalatable for gnu ).

actually , looking at the book again, change-current-medication, and
issue-script
would be  instances of an action type class which an action attribute is an
instance of, since actually subtypes of action
class would be proposed action, abandoned action, implemented action, completed
action, implemented-but-abandoned action.  Probably inheritance is for the later
heirarchy, because there might be additional attributes in the subclasses e.g.
when abandoned, when implemented, when completed.

The outcomes of an action are observations (a subtype of observation, that
has a link to a precedent action), according to the book.