Re: [Gnumed-devel] New Zealand's Intrahealth

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] New Zealand's Intrahealth
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:20:02 +0800

On Sun Jul 17 13:52 , J Busser  sent:

>This product has been demonstrated to administrative and IT leaders
>among health region and hospital administration and I am told has
>piqued their interest.
>
>Does anyone know it well enough to have insight into any Achilles
>heel(s) that it might have, as far as serving doctors well as an EMR
>(I mean over and above my presumption that it's a lock-in license
>paradigm):
>
>http://intrahealth.co.nz/index.html

I played with it a little about a year ago in a conference;
pretty flashy I remember; a bit complicated when compared to MD;
it has some templating features which remind me of CPRS,
i.e. buildable forms ; no idea how it actually works,
although one blurb said it had 3 tier separation etc..
? remote procedure calls to a server and remote objects
(meaning methods and objects are marshalled, serialized, sent
as a stream, and then unmarsalled into objects again, and
fed via a stub back into a function call on the server.
This is is not their doing , it's probably either COM+
or java RMI, and may even be CORBA based.
)

  instead of SQL on the wire ( which still has a lot going for it,
as debuggable with ethereal).