Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:24:55 +0200

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:43:10PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> If no-one objects, I was thinking to post parts of this reply to the
> wiki, so that anyone who uses Windows, and who very much wants to
> "look" at GNUmed, can know that its performance on Windows is
> presently much inferior, and gives a downward-biased view of GNUmed's
> current state.
The problems on Windows are not so much in the speed of the
frontend itself - only the lack of updating in places where
it ought to happen makes it *appear* even worse.

The speed problems really result from not running a local
server (eg on the LAN or on the same machine).

Nevertheless, it is useful to point out that generally,
presently, the Linux client is likely to be "better".

However, Windows (client) troubles need to and will be dealt
with.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346