[Gnumed-devel] wx 2.6/2.4

From: ihaywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] wx 2.6/2.4
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:28:55 +0800

try:
        import wxversion
        import wx
except ImportError:
        from wxPython import wx

I find this very confusing.

What style is the code below to be?
wx.Foo simply *doesn't work* when "from wxPython import wx" is used,
you need the rather silly "wx.wxFoo", and so it's pointless, because the
code simply won't run.
AFAICT this is the same on 2.4 and it is in 2.6

You can't hedge bets here. If we are moving to the new style then its
"import wx" alone, and wx.Foo below.

If this breaks 2.4, well, we must stay with the old style until 2.4 users are
ready to upgrade, whenever that is.

Ian