Re: [Gnumed-devel] login

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] login
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:26:16 +1000

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:15, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 07:54:51PM +1000, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> > Not very hopeful when this is in the config file
> > ### The server packages do not yet work thus we disable local connections
> > here
>
> Sure but you could install a server yourself.
i've been looking for a few instructions but found none (haven't tried the
mail archives yet)

> Or you could give me an account on your machine so I can
> install one for you.
this machine hides behind yet another machine (like most paranoid users0

> Or you can wait a few hours and try again. We are setting up
> a new public database.
i could wait till tomorrow

> > and i don't have any postgres installed either
>
> apt-get install postgresql
>
> is pretty much risk-free on Debian.
>
> Karsten
7.4 and 8.0 are both available from unstable.
which do i choose?
do i need any other packages?
there is postgresql-plpython on the list but nothing i really recognise

Liz

--
I simply try to aid in letting the light of historical truth into that
decaying mass of outworn thought which attaches the modern world to