Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] running from cvs
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:09:34 +0200

On Friday 28 October 2005 13:58, Richard Hosking wrote:
> Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >On Friday 28 October 2005 12:23, Richard Hosking wrote:
> >
> >Hi !
> >
> >I need more info here. Which operating system / distribution ? Which
> > version of python and wxpython ...
> >
> >Please run check-prereqisites.sh
> >
> >I think right now you use python 2.3
> >wxpython 2.6
> >gnumed from cvs.
>
> Correct
>
> > I see. please open a shell and start python by typing python
> >
> >address@hidden:~> python
> >Python 2.4 (#1, Mar 22 2005, 21:42:42)
> >[GCC 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
> >Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
> >
> >Now type:
> >import locale
> >system_locale = locale.setlocale(locale.LC_MESSAGES, '')
> >
> >In my case it produces no error. I suspect in your case it does. Let me
> > know.
So it seems to be a problem with your python. Installing 2.4 might solve it
but I am curious about the origin of this error because other users might
have the same problem and I would like to nail it down.

Is your python2.3 a stock python or some version you got somewhere else ?
is it possible for you to reinstall python 2.3 before installing python 2.4 ?
Becuase I have some installation here which work fine with python2.3

Anyway if installing 2.4 solves it for you just go ahead.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany