[Gnumed-devel] further test importing

From: Syan Tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] further test importing
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:30:33 +0800

I have the impression that gnumed is quite able to handle the import of legacy progress notes for

non-trivial numbers of records, and have usable load speed when opening large emr data within a large

set of emr data.  The speed on browser tree load can be brought down to less than 4 seconds, even

with an emr entity who has had weekly or fortnightly entries for 5 years.  One problem is

that switching between the emr browse tree and the chronological text view loads the data each time,

which makes it slow flicking between the two. this might be a bug, because I had the impression there

is a cache in the main business object, gmClinicalRecord .

I was wondering if it would be fruitful to continue load testing gnumed by importing other data,

specifically image data, historical test results, historical script medication data, vaccinations done,

letter documents in rtf format ;  which ones are ok to continue with, and which tables ( are likely to be stable

and are worthwhile importing to within the current useage plans) ? I was thinking if the

import procedure is made straight forward, it might get more people involved on the au side

as it would prove gnumed capable of handling real and legacy data loads, at least from an au point of view.