Re: [Gnumed-devel] q about schema

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] q about schema
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:32:59 +0200

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 09:10:47PM +1000, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> > Staff in a hurry to churn out a script. Allergy state
> > reminder pops up. Hastily select "no known allergies" since
> > patient isn't there to be asked. Later "no known allergies"
> > shows up when someone else looks at the chart.
> I put something else in the free text part
> like 'not actually known'
That's good practice, yes.

I'd wish I could rely on my *staff* to be as diligent as
you yourself are...  ;-)

If the system provides "not asked" and various other
(discussable) states of non-knowledge things are better and
faulty data entirely becomes pilot error. If the system does
not it becomes *system-facilitated* user error and *that's*
where it starts being better not to record faulty things in
the first place.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346