Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnomed destroys partitionstable!

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnomed destroys partitionstable!
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:41:35 +0200

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 12:09:12PM +0200, Philipp Walderdorff wrote:

> Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Gnomed destroys partitionstable!
For the record: Most likely not.

It might be that Knoppix changes the boot system when being
*installed* but GNUmed doesn't change that in any way.

> I had downloaded the iso-file and burned on CD to start knopix with gnumed.
It's old, don't bother -- unless you want to make a new one
with the new version.

> On two PCs it stack  and on the third PC it destroyed grub
> and, what I could understand right now, more: The
> patitionstable.
Just booting Knoppix on a PC is unlikely to destroy anything
on the harddisk.

*Installing* Knoppix, particularly an old version, is
unlikely to work hassle-free in all situations.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346