[Gnumed-devel] GNUdental mailing list (was Re: Announcing the fork of...

From: Kevin
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:44:02 -0400

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
If you do open a list please announce it here. Without a
list I for won't be able to keep in touch with your project.
But that's just me.

Thanks for your reply, Karsten.

Ok, so it's clear to me now that we do definitely need a list.

This is currently the only mailing list for this project, and we mean for it to be mostly for developer discussions, but because it is the only one, we won't be flaming anyone for discussing any topic in that list. We welcome everyone who has any interest in GNUdental(tm) to post on any topic at all; at least until the volume gets out of control and then we'll be setting up additional lists to keep the SNR high).

We've also moved to a plone-based portal at http://www.gnudental.org

We welcome new members there too.  This portal still needs a lot of work.

There are also several web-based forums for the discussion of GNUdental(tm), thanks to a real groundswell of support that we've received.

Specifically,

(1) the official user discussion forum is here:
http://gnudental.forumco.com/default.asp

(2) An additional discussion forum hosted by eugenol man is here:
http://www.eugenol.net/forum/index.php?f=58&sid=76508807c66cb433fdb52e0cd9161e41

This (above) was originally meant to be an international forum for dentists and dental students only, but eugenol man (or "eman" as he is sometimes known) has graciously opened up the above GD forum at this site for developers also. eugenol man also runs http://www.eugenol.ro which enjoys a readership of some 2500+ dentists and related professionals in Romania.

(3) We've also received an invitation to contribute at the Linux for Clinics forum:
http://linuxforclinics.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26

There may soon be a specific sub-forum there for GD as there is now for GNUmed.

But given the fact that we are only just today celebrating our three-week anniversary as a project, we are still in our infancy and have a great deal of development work to do before we expect to have any users. Therefore, we think that the mailing list will be where most of our discussion will be taking place for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again for the interest and support for GD here in this list, and we welcome all interested folks in our new project.

Regards,
Kevin