[Gnumed-devel] windows installer update

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] windows installer update
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:39:55 +0200

Hi all,

Since more and more people start looking into gnumed on multiple platforms and
first report about daily usage are coming in I took the time to fix a few
important things in the windows installer.

Actually the real reason is that I am starting to produce some introductory
video on installing and using gnumed on multiple platform and multiple
languages.

One issues that has bothered me for a long time has been missing language
support on GNUmed in Windows. For a long time I thought this is hard to fix.

Actually it worked right out the box. While it works fully transparent on
GNU/Linux /autodetection) a command line switch has been introdced for MS
Windows

start GNUmed with : '--lang-gettetx=de' and you will get a German gui.

Two things were missing. The GNUmed *.mo files have not been created and
installed properly. This is fixed as of release 0.2.5.1.95 (MS Windows) and
will appear in 0.2.6 by default.

Second issues has been to detect (default) language of the user's Windows
environment so users don't need to fiddle with any command line switched
themselves.

As of now I have added support for this to the installer. When the chosen
language is not available ( and supported by the installer) it will default
to Englisch.

gm_0.2 conf has been renamed to gnumed.conf to avoid potentially frustrating
update sessions.

Have fun. Now off to creating videos. I will start with German videos as this
seems to be the most vocal audience right now despite the fact that many more
people understand English.

http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.2/

--
Sebastian Hilbert